Objectives and Priorities for Athletics
There are specific and critical objectives for the Director of Athletics and the Athletics staff, each of which must be met under the overarching umbrella of:
- Sound, ethical behavior and standards of the highest order, which includes compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations; and
- Sound fiscal prudence and appropriate management of the Athletics budget
In order, these objectives are:
- Success of student athletes in terms of academics, retention and graduation rates;
- Opportunities for student athletes who have the necessary ability and commitment to develop and demonstrate their athletic abilities, with particular emphasis on Title IX issues; and
- Spirit - the engendering of team and school spirit among players, the student body and other supporters - which includes winning games.