Wolves Card Home at The University of West Georgia
University of West Georgia
Wolves Card Home
Frequently Asked Questions About The Wolves Card
Why do I need to add Wolf Bucks?
- So you don't have to carry around cash; you can use your Wolves Card to pay for food, vending, laundry, printing, and copying by swiping your ID card.
Where do I add Wolf Bucks?
- By visiting The Online Wolves Card Office (when depositing money to your account via the web, you will need to enter the name and campus ID number as it is in the BANNER system) OR
- By calling The Wolves Card Office at 678-839-6525 OR
- By going to The Wolves Card Office which is located on the top floor of the University Community Center.
- At any of the 5 Value Transfer Stations located in Ingram Library, University Community Center, or Aycock Hall (dispatch office open 24/7), University Suites and Arbor View Apartments.
What can I do with my Wolf Bucks?
- You can use your Wolf Bucks at the Z-6 dining hall, Wolves Den Food Court, Wolves Card Office, Bookstore, Subway, Starbucks', C3 Convenience Store, Java City (Ed Center), laundry machines, snack and beverage vending, lab printing, and copying and printing at the library.
Will I lose my Wolf Bucks at the end of Spring Semester if I don't attend?
- No. Wolf Bucks will stay on your account the entire time you are at UWG.
Can I receive cash from my Wolf Bucks account?
- No, the only way you get the money you deposited on your Wolf Bucks account is if you graduate, transfer, or withdraw from UWG as stated in the refund policy on the web.
What do I do after 5:00 p.m. when The Wolves Card Office is closed?
- There are five locations with Value Transfer Stations: Library, University Suites- residents only, Arbor View - residents only, University Community Center, Aycock Hall (this location is open 24/7). At the Value Transfer Stations, you can deposit money on your account with cash only. At The Online Wolves Card Office, you can make deposits using your Visa or MasterCard.
Where do I report problems with my card?
- The Wolves Card Office located on the 3rd floor of the University Community Center or by calling 678-839-6525.
Can I use my debit card to add Wolf Bucks?
- Yes, you can use your Visa or MasterCard debit card to add Wolf Bucks to your Wolves ID card by coming to The Wolves Card Office located on the 3rd floor of the University Community Center, going online to The Online Wolves Card Office, or calling the Wolves Card Office at 678-839-6525.
Is the Wolves Card the same as my student ID card?
- Yes, your Wolves Card works as your meal card, vending card, copying card, and library card.
How long does it take to activate once I put money on my card?
- The money goes on your card instantly when you add online, at The Wolves Card Office, or at VTS machines.
I left my card at home, can I still deposit Wolf Bucks at The Card Office?
- Yes, we can manually enter your Campus ID # without you having your Wolves Card with you.
Will I lose my money at the end of the term?
- No, Wolf Bucks remain on your Wolves Card from term to term.
What time does The Wolves Card Office close?
- The Wolves Card Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. for the purpose of making ID cards. Wolf Bucks deposits may be made in the Wolves Card Office until 4:30 p.m. each day.
If I have Dining Dollars and Wolf Bucks, which is spent first?
- When you purchase something at the food service locations (Z-6, Wolves Den Food Court, Subway, Java City Ed Center, Starbucks, or C3 Convenience Store) you will pay with your dining dollars account first. When you purchase something from vending or snack, do your laundry, copy in the library, or print in the print labs, the money will come from your Wolf Bucks account only.
Can a parent or friend call and add money to my card? Who do they call?
- Yes, your parent can call The Wolves Card Office at 678-839-6525 or go to The Online Wolves Card Office and add money to your Wolf Bucks account. He/She will need to know your name and Campus ID # the way it appears in our BANNER system.
How do I check my balance?
How much does a new ID cost?
Can I pay for a new Wolves Card with my Wolf Bucks account?
- Yes, call 678-839-6525 to report your Wolves Card lost as soon as possible or report online, because you are responsible for all transactions on your account. The Wolves Card Office will suspend your account while you look for your Wolves Card. To reinstate your Wolves Card you should call The Wolves Card Office at 678-839-6525 to let us know you have found your Wolves Card or come to The Wolves Card Office to pay the $20 replacement fee to get a new Wolves Card.
Do I need a new Wolves Card every semester/year?
- No, your Wolves Card is good as long as you are enrolled at UWG.
What can I use my Wolves Card for?
- You can use your Wolves Card to check out books at the library, to grab some food at all the food service locations, as door access to your residence halls, to wash your laundry, to get a snack or beverage, to print in the print labs or to make copies and to get into all student activity functions.
How much do I have to add to Wolf Bucks?
- You can add from $5 up to $5,000 in The Wolves Card Office or at The Online Wolves Card Office. At the Value Transfer Stations, you can add from $1 to $500.
Why do I have to sign a Photo Release and Contract Form?
- This form is necessary to accomplish two things. First, it establishes the policy under which your Wolf Bucks are managed by the University. Second, it serves to notify Higher One that the university has verified your identity as it relates to the university's role as a Third Party service.