Frequently Asked Questions About the HigherOne Card
Below is a list of frequently asked questions and answers relating to the HigherOne card here at the University of West Georgia. If the question you have is not covered in this section, please refer to HigherOne's Easy Help section by clicking here and then clicking on the 'Easy Help' link near the bottom of the page.
How do I get access to my HigherOne Account? My password is not working.
- Log on to the HigherOne website: https://www.westgeorgiaone.higheroneaccount.com/ . Enter the secured site and underneath Current User, click on Reset your password. Then follow the instructions. The first part of your password will be provided to you immediately and the second part will be emailed to you at your registered email address within a few minutes.
How do I deposit money to my HigherOne Account?
You can deposit money into your HigherOne account in the following ways:
- Logon to your account to print out a deposit slip. Fill out the deposit slip and either bring it by The Wolves Card Office located on the 3rd floor of the University Community Center for us to mail (which goes next day delivery on Monday and Wednesday) or mail the deposit yourself. HigherOne only accepts checks or money orders. NO CASH.
- A wire transfer may be done by parents, family, and friends by going to https://www.westgeorgiaone.higheroneaccount.com/. Under FRIENDS & FAMILY click on How to "Send Money" link.
- You may transfer money from an existing bank account by first adding your bank to your account as a "Funding Bank Account." This is done by logging on to your HigherOne Account and selecting funding bank accounts under the header "Profile."
Do you have a "generic" deposit form I can use?
- No. To ensure your deposit is credited to your account, log in to your HigherOne account and print a deposit form.
How did I get a negative balance on my HigherOne Account?
- Some merchants hold transactions and transmit at a given time each day. In the meantime, if you have made additional purchases beyond what you have on deposit, you may end up with a negative balance when these merchants who hold your transaction perform their transmittal.
How can I close my HigherOne Account?
- As long as you are a student at UWG, it is recommended that you do not close your account. If you are ever to receive any kind of refund, whether it is an overpayment of fees or a refund from overpayment of late fees at the library, the only way to receive that refund would be through this account. Charges would apply should you need to reopen or have another card issued. In order to close your HigherOne account, you must first have a zero balance. Then call HigherOne Customer Service 1-866-894-1141.
How can I stop someone from using my lost HigherOne card until I have the money to pay for a replacement card?
- Either call HigherOne customer service at 1-866-894-1141 or log in to your account and report your card lost.
I'm not even sure I ever got a card - I may have thrown it away by accident - do I still have to pay for a replacement?
- There is no charge for your first card. If it was accidentally thrown away, you will be charged for a replacement.
I'm about to graduate, so why do I have to go through with this whole card process when all I want is a check?
- The university has chosen for all refunds to be routed via the HigherOne process.