Women's Studies at UWG is an interdisciplinary program designed to introduce students to feminist scholarship which emphasizes the cross-cultural understanding of the social, political and cultural experiences of women. Women's Studies seeks to critically analyze the intersection/interaction of gender, race, class and power across time and space. Our program draws faculty from a variety of different disciplines within and outside of the Social Sciences in order to provide students with valuable training in interdisciplinary practice.
• 15 credit hours from the list of approved courses for Women’s Studies.
• A minimum of 9 credit hours must be 3000-4000 level
• Courses must be from 3 different areas of study (e.g. History, Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, Criminology…etc.)
• Courses taken to satisfy Major requirements may not be counted toward a Minor.
• Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 in courses used to satisfy the Minor.