What is the Menkes Family Scholarship?
Established in 2011 on behalf of the Menkes Family, this scholarship promises generous support to students who are planning to minor in the Women’s Studies Program. Women’s Studies draws upon and influences many disciplines and helps the university provide a rich and flexible liberal arts education. “Examining women’s contributions throughout time is critical; not doing so is to ignore half of history,” said Menkes. The University of West Georgia is extremely grateful for Menkes’ gift, which will enhance students' understanding of women's history, experiences, and modes of expression and reflects the importance of interdisciplinary learning.
- $100 per future Women's Studies Course (up to four)
- $1,000 upon graduation with a minor in Women's Studies
- Declared Women's Studies Minor
- Completion of Introduction to Women's Studies
- Essay detailing the importance of Women's Studies (name should only appear on cover sheet | 2 page maximum)
- Submit complete application with essay to Director, Pafford 219. Scholarship applications are accepted and the winner announced annually every spring.
For more information on this scholarship, please contact Director of Women's Studies, Tiffany Parsons by phone at 678-839-6335 or email email@example.com.