About the Program
What is the Women's Studies Program at the University of West Georgia?
Established in 1993 and located in the Department of Sociology, Pafford building, second floor, room 219. The Women's Studies Program offers an undergraduate minor area of concentration and a comprehensive catalogue of individual course selections. Courses are offered from a variety of disciplines in order to provide students with the benefits of an interdisciplinary approach.
Minor in Women's Studies Requirements:
- 15 Credit hours from the list of approved courses for Women's Studies
- A Minimum of 9 credit hours must be 3000-4000 level
- Courses taken to satisfy major requirements may not be counted toward a minor
- Students must attain a minimum GPA of 2.0 in courses used to satisfy a major
- Courses must be from 3 different areas of study (e.g. History, Sociology, etc.)