We're excited that you are considering The Advanced Academy of Georgia at The University of West Georgia! Each year, The Academy is home to exceptional students from across Georgia and around the world. The Academy provides a unique early entrance to college opportunity in a residential setting for students who are looking to accelerate their education while living and learning in an academically enriched environment.
Fall 2014 Priority Deadline: February 3, 2014
Fall 2014 Final Deadline: June 1, 2014
**We are no longer accepting applications for Spring 2014**
All students who are interested in attending The Academy must first apply. Below are the steps to a successful application:
1. Make sure you meet the minimum admissions criteria.
- 3.5 high school, unweighted, academic GPA
- 1150 combined SAT score with minimum 580 Critical Reading and 530 Math OR 25 Composite ACT score with 25 English and 22 Math
- Detailed information is available here: Admissions Information
2. If you have not yet taken the SAT or ACT, sign up to do so:
3. Fill out and submit an application.
- Download here: Fall 2014 Application
- If you are a home-school student, also include these additional forms available here: Homeschool Supplemental Forms
- Many students have questions about the required academic resume. Please click here for more information: Example Resumes
4. If you are an International Student, there are some additional admissions requirements.
- Detailed information is available here: International Applicant Information
- You need to submit the UWG International Application in addition to The Academy's application.
- Included with that application, we require a minimum 79 TOEFL score.
- You need to order an Academic Credentials Evaluation that includes your GPA. We recommend that you use Josef Silny and Associates.
5. Ask questions!
- Click on the Request Information button on the left-hand side of this page.
- See our list of Frequently Asked Questions.