After reviewing your student evaluations what do you think went well in class?
1. Online course resources were valuable to studentís learning process.
2. Course layout made for effective learning.
3. Instructor taught the class in an effective manner.
4. Instructor was available to student
5. Instructor communicated online effectively.
6. The course text was applicable and meaningful to students.
7. Class in general went well.
8. Online discussions were effective.
9. Class projects were meaningful and applicable to real world experience.
10. Field experience was meaningful and applicable to real world experience.
11. The use of guest speakers made the course more applicable.
12. Professor found face to face meetings to be meaningful.
13. The way the course was run made for consumer-friendly learning.
14. Online video lectures helped students understand material.
15. Flexible deadlines helped the students do more through work.
What was problematic? What needed to be improved?
1. Class felt the text was unhelpful and was a deterrent to the learning process.
2. Instructor indicated that the class had no problems.
3. Instructor felt that issues came about through general miscommunication through online mediums.
4. Professor felt ill-equipped for leading an on-line learning experience.
5. Professor felt that the students were unprepared to do the work set forth during the class.
6. Professor felt that the students felt entitled to get an ĎAí without actually having to work.
7. Instructor felt that general course structure and flow could have been improved.
8. Instructor felt assignment choices could have been improved.
9. Instructor felt assignment structures could have been improved.
10. Instructor reported that students did not fill out their surveys.
11. Instructor felt that more online resources could be utilized more effectively (i.e. more videos and material walkthroughs).
12. Instructor felt that their grading choices potentially hindered student progress.
13. †Instructor reported students having issues using CourseDen appropriately.
14. Instructor felt that some students were too far away and could not practically participate in most face-to-face classes.
15. Instructor felt students had issues using the online quiz tool effectively.
16. Instructor felt that course deadlines could have been less strict.
What do you plan to change next time you teach this class?
1. Instructor is uncertain what they will change, if anything.
2. Instructor plans on explaining assignments in more details and express how they apply to the profession.
3. Instructor plans on utilizing more online videos.
4. Instructor desires to change general course structure.
5. Instructor desires to utilize more online materials.
6. Instructor plans on making the text more applicable or changing text.
7. Instructor plans on redesigning online discussions.
8. Instructor plans on using more online class demonstrations and examples when addressing projects and assignments.
9. Instructor plans on changing grading schemes.
10. Instructor plans on waiting for D2L implementation before making any changes.
11. Instructor plans on utilizing a chat feature.
12. Instructor plans on reevaluating the effectiveness of specific assignments.
13. Instructor plans on not teaching class online again.
14. Instructor plans on implementing a flexible syllabus.
15. Instructor plans on utilizing more online meetings.
16. Instructor plans on utilizing more face-to-face meetings.
17. Instructor plans on making course less difficult.
What was the largest adjustment you made in teaching a distance course and how was this addressed?
1. Instructor felt that they did not have to make any adjustments.
2. Instructor felt that the largest adjustment was general change in course philosophy and integrity.
3. Instructor utilized more video-related material.
4. Instructor utilized more online lectures.
5. Instructor had to set aside more time in advance to set up their course.
6. Instructor had to spend more time organizing and utilizing discussion boards.
7. Instructor adjusted to using e-mail to communicate most often.
8. Instructor utilized Wimba classroom for class and meetings.
9. Instructor spent more time working with the Faculty Development Center.
10. Instructor made grades more flexible.
11. Instructor learned how to utilize CourseDen.
12. Instructor utilized more optional resources in their class.
13. Instructor felt generally helpless when it came to teaching online and did not know where to begin.
14. Instructor relied more on online announcements.
15. Instructor set aside extra time for one-on-one meetings with students online.
16. Instructor utilized online quizzes more.
17. Instructor utilized building rubrics.
18. Instructor utilized stressing ethics.
After reviewing student evaluation questions, what do you think of the level of non-academic support provided for this course by student services, the library, the distance education center, and the instructor?
1. Instructor felt that every type of service was good.
2. Instructor felt the distance education department was particularly helpful.
3. Instructor felt that services were generally excellent.
4. Instructor felt that the students generally did not utilize the library.
5. Instructor felt that students generally did not utilize distance education.
6. Instructor felt that the library did a great job.
7. Instructor had no comment either good or bad.
8. Instructor felt that students were aware of student services and utilized them appropriately.
9. Instructor felt that the support for the student side of distance education could be more hands on.
10. Instructor felt that services offered were neither helpful nor applicable to online class.
11. Instructor felt that lack of non-academic supports were due to general laziness by the student.
12. Instructor expressed general frustration over these due to time constraints.
13. Instructor felt that they could have had more help with wikispaces.