The Phone Survey
Telephone Survey Results
1. Please rate the advisement you received as a distance student?
|N = 96 Mean = 1.85
|c. needs improvement||5.2
|d. does not apply||13.5||13|
2. Did you receive advisement
|N = 96 Mean = 3.14||%||Frequency|
|b. through email||14.6
|c. by telephone||6.3||6
|d. in person||42.7||41
|f. other ___________________||4.2
3. Please rate the registration process as you experienced it as
a distance student.
|N=96 Mean =1.55||%||Frequency|
|c. needs improvement||6.3||6
|d. does not apply||2.1||2|
4. Did you utilize any library resources as a distance student,
by visiting a library or using library electronic resources?
5. How satisfied are you with the availability of library
at West Georgia for distance students?
|N=96 Mean =1.92||%||Frequency|
|a. very satisfied||56.3||54|
|b. somewhat satisfied||19.8||19|
|c. not satisfied||0||0|
|d. does not apply||24||23|
6. How did you initially receive a technical orientation to
More than one answer may apply.
|N=96 Mean =1.98||%||Frequency|
|a. through online information||39.6||38
|b. through a live orientation||33.3||32|
|c. through the instructor||21.9||21|
|d. through the WebCT student printed handbook||5.2||5|
|e. through other class members||3||3|
7. Did these orientations provide you with enough information to
effectively utilize WebCT by the second week of your course?
|N=96 Mean =1.05||%||Frequency|
8. If you had problems accessing the course or utilizing WebCT in
any way, which of the following did you utilize for help. More than one
may apply .
|N=96 Mean =4.73||%||Frequency|
|a. the Distance Learning helpline by either email or phone||11.5||11|
|b. the instructor||12.5||12|
|c. another classmate||4.2||4|
|d. online instructions||2.1
|e. other __________||3.1||3|
|f. never had problems||66.7||64|
9. a. (fill in from question 8) How successful was the Distance Learning Helpline in solving your WebCT problems? (Skip if answer to 8 is ‘f’)
b. How successful was the instructor in solving your WebCT problems? (Skip if answer to 8 is ‘f’)
N=31 Mean =1.39 % Frequency a. very successful 71 22 b. somewhat successful 19.4 6 c. not successful at all 9.7 3
10. Overall, do you feel that you received prompt and courteous student support from West Georgia as a distance learner?
N=2 Mean =1.50 % Frequency a. very successful 50 1 b. somewhat successful 50
c. not successful at all 14 1
|N=96 Mean =1.34||%||Frequency|
|c. does not apply||15.6||15|
11. Compared to traditional courses, how much do you think you
in West Georgia’s distance courses?
|N=96 Mean =1.64||%||Frequency|
|a. about the same in each type of course||56
|b. I learn more in a distance course||19
|c. I learn less in a distance course||21
12. How would you compare the level of interaction between
and your instructor and yourself and other students in your distance
Was it about the same, greater, or less than in a traditional course?
|N=96 Mean =2.04||%||Frequency|
|a. about the same||37.5||36|
13. Do you think that there are enough distance courses offered
|N=96 Mean =1.75||%||Frequency|
14. If the distance course you last took were not offered via
media, would you have driven to campus to take the course in the
|N=96 Mean =1.09||%||Frequency|
|a. probably yes||90.6
|b. probably no||9.4
15. Where is the computer where you most often access WebCT?
|N=95 Mean =1/39||%||Frequency|
|a. at home||82.3||79|
|b. at work||3.2
|c. on campus||5.3
|d. other ___________________||8.4
open-ended comments by surveyed students to be added soon
Return to DDEC Evaluation Index
UWG Distance & Distributed Education Center
1803 Maple Street, Carrollton, Georgia 30118
Phone: 678-839-6248 Fax:678-839-0636 EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: July 29, 2006