Distance students were surveyed
randomly by telephone during April - May 2012.
Results from these focus groups will be used to improve the DE courses at UWG.
The Phone Survey
Telephone Survey Results
1. Please rate the admissions process at UWG.
|N = 109||%|
|b. Needs Improvement||11.0|
2. How did you receive advisement services offered to online students?
|N = 108||%|
|b. Through email||23.1|
|c. By telephone||9.3|
|d. In person||63.9|
|e. Did not receive advisement (Skip # 3)||15.7|
3. Please rate the advisement you received as an online student.
|b. Needs Improvement||14.3|
4. Were you aware advisement is available for all students, including online
5. Please rate the registration process you experienced as an online student?
|b. Needs Improvement||26.2|
6. Please rate the fee payment process you experienced as an online student?
|b. Needs Improvement||12.7|
7. Have you received tutoring services offered to online students?
|b. No (Skip #8)||87.3|
8. Please rate the tutoring you received as an online student.
|b. Needs Improvement||
9. Were you aware tutoring is available for all students, including online
10. Have you received counseling services offered to online students?
|b. No (Skip #11)||87.3|
11. Please rate the counseling you received as an online student.
|b. Needs improvement||
12. Were you aware counseling is available for all students, including online
13. Did you use any library resources as an online student, either by visiting a
library or using online library resources?
14. Please rate the availability of library services for online students.
|b. Needs Improvement||9.9|
15. Have you utilized any other student services offered to online students?
16. Please rate the student services as you received as an online student.
|b. Needs Improvement||6.6|
17. How did you receive a technical orientation to CourseDen? More than one answer may apply.
|a. CourseDen Training Course||31.5|
|b. Live Oritnetaion||11.1|
|c. Instructor or orientation module inside your course||25|
|d. Other class members||2.8|
|e. Did not receive technical orientation||45.4|
18. Did these orientations provide you with enough information to effectively use
CourseDen by the second week of your course?
19. If you had problems accessing a course or using CourseDen in any way, which
of the following did you go to for help? More than one may apply.
|a. The UWG|Online helpline via email or phone||22|
|b. CourseDen Training Course||3.7|
|c. Instructor or orientation module inside the course||22.9|
|d. Another classmate||19.3|
|e. After-hours helpline: 1-855-722-0423||1.8|
|Never has problems (Skip #21, #22)||49.5|
20. Was ____________ (answer above) successful in solving your CourseDen
21. Overall, did you received prompt and courteous student support as an online
22. Compared to a traditional course, how much do you think you learned in an
online course? Was it about the same, more, or less than in a traditional course?
|a. About the same||50.5|
23. Compared to a traditional course, how much did you interact your instructor
and classmates? Was it about the same, more, or less than in a traditional course?
|a. About the same||22.9|
24. Do you think there are enough online courses offered at UWG?
|c. Not sure||18.3|
25. If the online course you last took was not offered online, would you have
driven to campus to take the course?
|c. Not offered||0|
26. For what reasons did you take an online class? Multiple responses may apply.
|a. Part pf an online degree program||11.1|
|b. Not offered on campus||23.1|
|c. Distance (too far to drive)||24.1|
|d. Cost (save money)||4.6|
Click here for open-ended comments by surveyed students.
Return to DDEC Evaluation Index
1601 Maple Street, Carrollton, Georgia 30118
Phone: 678-839-6248 Fax:678-839-0636 EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: Oct 1, 2013