Distance students were surveyed randomly by telephone during April - May 2014.
Results from these focus groups will be used to improve the DE courses at UWG.
The Phone Survey
Telephone Survey Results
1. Please rate the admissions process at UWG.
|N = 65||%|
|b. Needs Improvement||15.4|
2. Were you aware advisement is available for online students?
|N = 101||%|
3. In your most recent advisement, how did you receive advisement services? More than one may apply.
|a. I did not receive advisement||7.6|
|c. Through email||51.1|
|d. By telephone||28.3|
|e. In person||29.4|
4. Please rate the advisement you received.
|b. Needs Improvement||3.6|
5. Please rate the registration process you experienced.
|b. Needs Improvement||5.8|
6. Please rate the fee payment process you experienced.
|b. Needs Improvement||5.8|
7. Were you aware tutoring services are available for online students?
|b. No (Skip #8)||34.0|
8. Did you utilize any of the available tutoring services?
9. Please rate the tutoring you received as an online student.
|b. Needs Improvement||
10. Were you aware health, counseling and accessibility services were available for online students?
11. Have you ever utilized any of these services? (In reference to Question 10)
|b. No (Skip #11)||94.2|
12. Please rate the services you utilized.
|b. Needs improvement||
13. Did you use any library resources, either by visiting a library or using online library resources?
14. Please rate the availability of library services for online students.
|b. Needs Improvement||7.9|
15. Have you utilized any other student services offered to online students?
16. Please rate your experience with the student service(s) that you received.
|b. Needs Improvement||7.0|
17. How did you receive instruction on how to use CourseDen? More than one may apply.
|a. Did not receive instruction||1.0|
|b. Learned by myself||50.0|
|c. Online information||15.4|
|d. Live Orientation||9.6|
|e. The instructor or orientation module inside your course||26.0|
|f. Online CourseDen training course||16.4|
|g. Other class members||3.9|
18. Did those instructions provide you with enough information to effectively use CourseDen by the second week of your course?
19. If you had problems accessing a course or using CourseDen how did you seek help? More than one may apply.
|a. Never had problems||62.5|
|b. The UWG|Online Help Desk by either email, phone or live chat||22.1|
|c. The instructor or orientation module inside the course||13.5|
|d. Another classmate||2.9|
|e. The online CourseDen training course||1.9|
|f. The after-hours Help Desk||0.0|
20. Was ____________ (answer above) successful in solving your issues?
21. Overall, did you receive prompt and courteous support?
22. Have you ever taken a traditional campus course?
23. Compared to a traditional course, how much do you think you learned in an online course? Was it about the same, more, or less than in a traditional course?
|a. About the same||55.4|
24. Compared to a traditional course, how much did you interact your instructor? Was it about the same, more, or less than in a traditional course?
|a. About the same||28.1|
25. Compared to a traditional course, how much did you interact with your classmates? Was it about the same, more, or less than in a traditional course?
|a. About the same||23.7|
26. Are you an adult learner or veteran? More than one may apply.
|a. Adult Learner||77.9|
27. Do you think there are enough online courses offered at UWG?
|c. Not sure||6.9|
28. If your recent online course(s) were not offered online, would you have driven to our Carrollton or Newnan campus to take the course?
|c. Not offered on either campus||1.0|
29. What reason(s) led you to take an online class? More than one may apply.
|a. Part of an online degree program||22.0|
|b. Not offered on campus||2.0|
|c. Distance (too far to dirve)||26.0|
|d. Cost (save money)||9.0|
30. If offered virtually, would you participate in student life, student government or student association opportunities? (examples: honors, clubs etc.)
|c. Not sure||5.0|
Click here for open-ended comments by surveyed students.
Return to DDEC Evaluation Index
1601 Maple Street, Carrollton, Georgia 30118
Phone: 678-839-6248 Fax:678-839-0636 EMail: email@example.com
Last updated: 7/11/2014