The Introduction to Social Media Marketing Certificate Program is an 8-week program offered completely online. The program's goal is to introduce and enhance the skills of current and aspiring social media practitioners to become proficient in a variety of social media platforms to enable them to develop innovative and effective messages. While many of the program's activities are geared towards higher education and non-profit organizations, it is also quite suitable for those in a small business and/or corporate environments.
- Current and aspiring social media specialists
- Marketing staff in traditional and online higher education
- Social Media personnel in non-profit and business environments
- Marketing or program administrators
Gain proficiency with important social media platforms and understand the opportunities and limitations of each. Become equipped to take your social media marketing to much more engaging level, with planned efforts focused on awareness, recruiting, fundraising, creativity and branding.
Program Content and Structure:
The certificate program is a professional program that incorporates conceptual knowledge into practical, hands-on learning experience. The program offers 6.5 continuing education units (CEUs), which is equivalent to 65 hours of instruction. The program comprises 8 modules with each module lasting one week. It is suggested that participants spend about 4-8 hours per module. Modules will focus on
- Social media planning and evaluation
- Creative writing for social media
- Developing engaging content
- Social media advertising
- Hands-on use of top tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Optimization and practical methods for assessing ROI
The program, offered through the University of West Georgia, is a learner-centered, highly-interactive course, developed by practioners and academicians experienced in social media, social media research, strategic planning, and marketing. Course developers and facilitators include Melanie N. Clay, Ph.D., Michael Post, and Dawn Senfeld.