Acceptance notices would be sent on or before January 31, 2014.
All concurrent sessions will last 45 minutes. Each presentation room will be equipped with a PC, a video projection device, and a screen. Please note that Internet access is available. Limited technical support will be available if you need assistance.
Preparing Your Paper (or click here for Fishbowl Guidelines)
Accepted papers will be due by February 28, 2014. Your paper will be published in the Distance Learning Administration Annual, and will be considered for the Best Paper Awards and invitation for publication in The Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration.
1. Use single spacing for body text. Time or New Times Roman font, and 10 point type, flush left.
2. Title should be Times or Times New Roman, 16 point type, bold and centered.
3. Author name(s) and affiliation should be centered, plain text, starting three spaces below the title. The affiliation should be below the author's name. Skip one line between authors, and then two lines after the authors before starting paper.
4. Do not put the word abstract in bold.
5. Keep everything flush left, except title, authors, and affiliations. Headers should be in BOLD.
6. Do not underline anything. Use italics instead.
7. If you have tables and figures, include them within the paper, NOT on separate pages. Do provide a separate copy of figures and illustrations in a graphics format (GIF or JPEG). Limit to three tables and figures, please.
8. Don't indent or tab the first line of a paragraph. Create a blank space above and below each paragraph.
9. Any reference should be at the end of your paper, using APA style.
10. Set all margins to 1 inch.
11. Do not number your pages.
There are no length requirements or restrictions. However, your paper will ideally be between 400 and 1600 words. We reserve the right to edit lengthy papers to meet space limitations.
Author Affiliation and Address
At the end of the paper, put the names, positions, affiliations, addresses and email addresses of each author. This should go after the references, with one space between the references and the authors, and no heading.
Lucy Smith is the Director of Distance Education at Florida State College, Cleartown, Florida 33333. Email: email@example.com.
Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. Send your paper as an email attachment in Microsoft Word if possible. Be sure to include any graphic files that may appear in your paper separately in GIF or JPEG format.
If your manuscript has not been previously published, either in whole or in part, you agree, by submission of your manuscript and as a condition of publication, to assign copyright of the material to the Distance Learning Administration 2014 Conference. However, publication in the Distance Learning Administration 2014 Annual does not preclude your offering the materials for subsequent consideration for publication by other journals. If your manuscript has been previously published, either in whole or in part, you are reminded that it is your responsibility to obtain formal approval in writing from the copyright holder for the publication of the materials, and to make appropriate and full acknowledgement of the copyright holder in the manuscript for publication.
Online conference registration begins November 1st. You should register online as soon as possible or at least by March 15th, 2014. In order to receive early registration rate, we must have registration and payment by March 15th, 2014. Hotel registration at the Jekyll Island Resort is available by calling (800) 535-9547. A conference hotel rate of $139 per night is available until May 8th, but we suggest that you make your reservations as soon as possible to ensure that you get a room. You should reference Distance Learning Administration Conference/University of West Georgia in order to get conference rates.
International presenters must register and pay all conference fees by February 14, 2014 in order to be included in the DLA2014 Conference Program.