Sample Welcome Page
Welcome to (your course name) !
This class will take place (entirely/partially/mostly) over the Internet at:
There is one mandatory face-to-face orientation on (date/time) at (location) . At this orientation, we will review the course outline and practice using the online course system. I look forward to meeting you there.
It is very important that you complete the following activities before the orientation on (date) .
- Review the Distance Student Guide at http://distance.westga.edu/~distance/distancestudents/
- Make sure you have Adobe Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint (or PowerPoint Viewer) installed
- Read and print syllabus
- Note due dates
- Complete first assignment by introducing yourself to the class on the Discussion Board
- Navigate throughout the CourseDen course to make sure you are understand how to use CourseDen
- E-mail me with any questions you have
It will be my great pleasure to introduce you to the most remarkable subject of (course subject). I am pleased that you have registered for this course and I look forward to working with you. I have selected some interesting topics for our studies and am excited about leading you in this venture. Of course if you have urgent questions about anything, my online office hours are: <<insert days and times you plan on being online in case of urgent questions>>
Perhaps the most important thing that I learned about taking online courses is that being a successful student is an exercise in discipline. You have to be self-motivated to get the work done. My advice to you is to dedicate three or four special blocks of time every week to work on this course.