Request Form for Rolling Up (Cross-listing) Multiple Course Sections Into One
By default, all course sections are created in CourseDen (D2L) based exactly as they appear in Banner; if your one class meeting includes one section of undergrads and one section of grads, even though you may wish to treat them as one course, Banner (and thus D2L) has them divided into separate course sections.
There is a way around this. If you want multiple course sections filtered into one D2L course site, use this form to "cross-list for D2L purposes".
This option is also ideal for a professor teaching multiple sections that will be moving the classes at the same pace throughout the semester; or for including your learning community students in the same course section as your non-LC students.
Please note the cons to the D2L cross-listing option:
- All of the students will be listed together in the same gradebook and Mail list
- Once we do it, it cannot be undone
- It is recommended that the cross-list be done BEFORE you enter any content; otherwise, ALL content, student work, and student grades could be lost and irretrievable.
(NOTE -- the entire process could take up to a week - be CERTAIN that the cross-list has taken effect before you begin work, before students are allowed to post messages, or before students can submit any work.)
- Check Banweb and make sure your courses are listed correctly. https://grim.westga.edu/www/schedule.htm
- DEADLINES: The deadline for requesting for course sections to be cross-listed is seven days before the start of classes. Exceptions can only be made for new faculty who were not on staff on the deadline dates; and for distance courses in which the instructor has not done any work in any of the sections.
Submit this form for each cross-listed "group". For example, if you want ABED3100-01 put together with ABED3100-02, and you want ABED3100-04 and ABED3100-05 put together in another course site, you would need to submit this form twice - once for each grouping.