Request Form for Rolling Up (Cross-listing) Multiple Sections Into One
By default, all sections are created in Den (D2L) based exactly as they appear in Banner; if your one class meeting includes one section of undergrads and one section of grads, even though you may wish to treat them as one , Banner (and thus D2L) has them divided into separate sections.
There is a way around this. If you want multiple sections filtered into one D2L site, use this form to "cross-list for D2L purposes".
This option is also ideal for a professor teaching multiple sections that will be moving the classes at the same pace throughout the semester; or for including your learning community students in the same section as your non-LC students.
Please note the cons to the D2L cross-listing option:
- All of the students will be listed together in the same gradebook and Mail list
- Once we do it, it cannot be undone
- It is recommended that the cross-list be done BEFORE you enter any content; otherwise, ALL content, student work, and student grades could be lost and irretrievable.
(NOTE -- the entire process could take up to a week - be CERTAIN that the cross-list has taken effect before you begin work, before students are allowed to post messages, or before students can submit any work.)
- Check Banweb and make sure your s are listed correctly. https://grim.westga.edu/www/schedule.htm
- DEADLINES: The deadline for requesting for sections to be cross-listed is seven days before the start of classes. Exceptions can only be made for new faculty who were not on staff on the deadline dates; and for distance s in which the instructor has not done any work in any of the sections.
Submit this form for each cross-listed "group". For example, if you want ABED3100-01 put together with ABED3100-02, and you want ABED3100-04 and ABED3100-05 put together in another site, you would need to submit this form twice - once for each grouping.