Upgrade to CourseDen
We are currently in the process of migrating courses from CourseDen Vista 3 to the newer version 8. The new version will be called CourseDen and is powered by CourseDen Vista/GeorgiaVIEW. Improvements include:
- faster, better performance;
- easier navigation;
- new features such as Blogs, Journals, Rosters (with student photo capabilities), and Grading-Forms (rubrics to ease grading and peer-review).
- see this link for a more complete list of improvements
- see this link for screenshots illustrating the differences between version 3 and version 8
- Oct '08: CourseDen upgrade kick-off Oct 6 - training, migration begins - for faculty/staff workshops see training calendar.
- Dec '08: Students need to download all desired files from the CourseDen Vista 3 File Manager and courses, by Dec 15th.
- Jan '09: Go-live. All Spring courses need to be migrated to CoursDen by the start of Spring term. Student orientations available.
- Feb '09: We should aim to have all other courses migrated by month's end. However, old courses will remain accessible by admin as needed.
- Aug '10: CourseDen Vista 3 servers will be retired.
For faculty, there are several ways to migrate your files to the new Vista 8 servers. The solution that is right for you will depend on your course and its contents. The DDEC is committed to making this migration as painless as possible, assisting with weekly drop-in lab sessions across campus. Distance courses/faculty will be top priority.
- In most cases, whole Learning Modules of information and Assessments may be exported from the old system and imported into CourseDen.
- The DDEC will have weekly workshops and drop-in days where you can stop by a lab and have a staff member or student assistant help you.
- The Board of Regents will be releasing a SMART tool in late October that may allow for the export/import of entire courses.
- We advise that most multi-media be migrated to an alternate location other than the CourseDen server (more info forthcoming).
- See this Pre-Migration Checklist for more details on choosing a migration method that is best for you.
CourseDen (powered by CourseDen/GeorgiaVIEW) offers many new and updated features. These tutorials will help you navigate your way around the new system.
Exploring the Interface: http://tutorials.webct.com/exploring/interface.htm
Design Basics: http://tutorials.webct.com/exploring/design.htm
- Faculty FAQs/ Tutorials (under construction)
- Student FAQs/ Tutorials (under construction)
Blackboard's CourseDen Info / Videos
These videos come straight from BlackBoard and will help beginners navigate through CourseDen (These are intro tutorials only)
- Quick Start Page
- Upload Files
- Discussion Grading
- Grade Book Navigation
- Grade Book Management
- Engaging Learning Modules
- Personalized Content Delivery
- Group Sign-Up Sheets
- Learning Object Repository