I teach a wide variety of courses, ranging from freshman level core curriculum
and service courses to senior level mathematics courses for majors:
- MATH 1111 (College Algebra)
- MATH 1113 (Precalculus)
- MATH 1413 (Survey of Calculus)
- MATH 1634 (Differential Calculus)
- MATH 2644 (Integral Calculus)
- MATH 2654 (Multivariable Calculus)
- MATH 3003 (Discrete Structures)
- MATH 3303 (Ordinary Differential Equations)
- MATH 4234 (College Geometry)
- MATH 4254 (Mathematical Analysis)
- MATH 4353 (Complex Variables)
- MATH 4513 (Linear Algebra)
Math Tutoring Center
The Math Tutoring Center is a service provided by the Department of Mathematics
for students in freshman level courses. It is open approximately 20 hours per
week in room 205 of the Boyd Building. The Math Tutoring Center is not
private tutoring: It is a place where you can go and work your homework and know
there will be someone available to answer any questions should they arise.
Private tutors are those who tutor for a fee which they set. This is not
- Nathaniel Crook is a recent graduate with a bachelor's degree in mathematics. He can tutor most anything.
Call him at 770-823-9670 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kyle Carter is one of our alumni and a current graduate student in our Master's program.
He also teaches online for the Mathematics Tutoring Center. He would be an outstanding choice for a tutor.
Call him at 770-826-3470 or email him at email@example.com.
Senior Seminar Projects
The following six senior seminar projects involve "breaking" a relatively brief
affine digraph ciphered message. (For a description of an affine digraph cipher,
see my presentation "Cryptography: Public Key vs. Private Key Cryptosystems" on
the research page of my web site.) The only mathematical prequisites for these
projects are a knowledge of basic linear algebra and a knowledge of modular arithmetic.
Being able to program a computer might also come in handy.
Current Course Information
If you have any questions about any of these courses please click this link.
Summer Semester, 2015
Fall Semester, 2015