GIS Certificate Program
The University of West Georgia, a charter member of the University System of Georgia, is a selectively-focused, comprehensive institution providing undergraduate and graduate public higher education in Arts and Sciences, Business, and Education, primarily to the people of Georgia. As described in the University’s mission statement, UWG is committed to the regional outreach through a collaborative network of external degree centers, course offerings at off-campus sites, and an extensive program of continuing education for personal and professional development. The GIS Certificate program will contribute to the University’s mission by extending outreach services for continuing professional development in the emerging geospatial science field.
- Demonstrate competence in mapping and/or visualization of geospatial data
- Demonstrate competence in managing geospatial data
- Demonstrate competence in analyzing geospatial data
- Demonstrate competence in working with GIS tools
- Demonstrate understanding of using geospatial techniques for spatial decision making