Knitting Mill at Banning
Sanborn Insurance Map, 1911 shows the mill powered by water, heat, and steam. There are electric lights and coal for fuel. Unlike the other mills on Snake Creek, the knitting mill is without a night watchman or a sprinkler system.
back for more information about hosiery mill workers
Little is known about the knitting mill at this time. Interviews with Paul Brown, son of former superintendent, David Wilson Brown, suggest the knitting mill, or Sock Mill, closed in 1915.