18 credit hours of coursework including
- XIDS 2300 (Introduction to Canadian Studies)
- Capstone Project (3 credit hours)
- 12 hours (four courses) of approved electives in at least two
different disciplines, chosen in consultation with the program
- Students may apply courses taken as part of the Summer Study in Canada Program to their certificate requirements.
Canadian Studies offers students the opportunity
- to gain a better understanding of the political and economic issues confronting North America as a whole.
- to learn more about Canada's political, social and cultural
make-up, including its distinct and diverse communities, its particular
response to historical developments and its contributions to literature
and the arts.
- to strengthen their problem solving abilities by encouraging
students to view questions from a broad range of disciplinary
Certificate Program Coordinator:
Dr. Charles Lipp