In accordance with the mission of the University of West Georgia, the School of Nursing is committed to offering high quality undergraduate and graduate education that:
- Prepares registered nurses for basic and advanced practice roles in diverse healthcare settings in Georgia and the surrounding region.
- Integrates a strong liberal arts curriculum.
- Provides regional outreach related to undergraduate and graduate nursing education through external degree and off-campus programs.
- Provides a caring, supportive, personal environment for learning that:
- Affirms the holistic nature of individuals
- Reflects caring as the essence of nursing
- Expects that nurses use critical thinking in decision making
- Supports evidence-based practice
- Utilizes disciplinary rigor to support BSN student progress toward clinical competence and MSN student progress toward assuming leadership and education roles.
SCHOOL AND FACULTY GOALS
- Maintain high quality undergraduate and graduate nursing programs.
- Maintain faculty who demonstrate excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service to the university, the community, and the profession.
- Maintain a personal learning environment characterized by caring, holism, critical thinking, and professional commitment.
School of Nursing | University of West Georgia | 678-839-6552 | firstname.lastname@example.org