The Test of Essential Academic Skills is required for all students applying to the Traditional BSN program. The TEAS is designed to evaluate English, Reading, Math and Science skills. Since ATI is not releasing version 6, applicants for Summer, 2012 must take the TEAS version V(5) between July 1, 2011 and January 15, 2012, and must score at or above the National Mean to be considered. The following terms must be read and accepted before you can access registration dates and instructions.
- The TEAS version V (5) is the only version being accepted for applicants applying to the Summer, 2012 BSN program and must be taken within our application period to be valid. No other versions will be accepted.
- If applicants do not take the TEAS version V (5) with the School of Nursing, scores must be sent from ATI no later than January 15, 2012. No late scores will be accepted.
- Applicants who do not take the TEAS with the School of Nursing AND do not submit an official score sheet from another test site, through ATI by January 15th, will be automatically denied. It is the responsibility of the applicant to verify receipt by the deadline.
- Registration for the TEAS is done through ATI; the School of Nursing will not send confirmations to any applicants that register. Applicants are responsible for confirming their registration through ATI.
- The Registration/Test can not be rescheduled with paying an additional test fee and it is non-refundable; any concerns regarding this fee must be handled with ATI.
- Missed/rescheduled test dates or second attempts with the School of Nursing may be scheduled through ATI and are based on space availability. Note that you will have to repay the testing fee.
- Because the School of Nursing is an official test site for the TEAS, we cannot guarantee a test seat for all applicants. Students may take the TEAS version V (5) at another test site and submit scores through ATI by January 15th.
- If the TEAS is taken twice, the higher of two will be considered. No more than two scores will be considered for the current application period.
School of Nursing | University of West Georgia | 678-839-6552 | firstname.lastname@example.org