Dr. Sunil Hazari is a tenured Associate Professor in the Richards College of Business, University of West Georgia. He was previously (1997-Aug. 2003) Adjunct Professor in the MBA program at the Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland, College Park. In the past he has held faculty positions at East Carolina University, and George Mason University, VA, He has also worked as adjunct faculty member for online universities such as University of Maryland University College and Walden University. Professor Hazari has over 20 years of teaching experience.
His teaching and research interests are in the areas of Web 2.0 Social Media (including the use of wikis, weblogs, and technology platforms such as Facebook and Twitter applications for business and education), behavioral aspects of information security, web usability, Assessment and Program Evaluation, and organizational aspects of eLearning. He has authored several peer-reviewed journal publications in Information and Instructional Technology areas, has presented at national conferences, and is on the Editorial Board of several information systems journals. He is also an experienced online instructor, and has been a project manager for application software development, managed IT facilities, and conducted technology training workshops for education and industry professionals.
Prof. Hazari is the recipient of the following awards:
1) University of West Georgia Richards College of Business Annual Faculty Award for Educational Excellence in Research (2004-05)
2) University of West Georgia Apollo Award for Distance Teaching, Training, & Mentoring (2005-2006)
3) University of West Georgia Richards College of Business Annual Faculty Award for Educational Excellence in Teaching (2006-07)
4) University of West Georgia Certified Educator Mentor Award (2008)
5) Winner of the 2010 Delta Pi Epsilon Independent Research Award for the article, "Investigating Pedagogical Value of Wiki Technology" published in the Journal of Information Systems Education.
||B. S. (Engineering), Maharaja Sayajirao University (India)
||M. S. (Industrial Technology), Eastern Kentucky University
||Ed.D (Technology Education), West Virginia University
|1990 - 1995
||East Carolina University, Richmond, NC
|1995 - 1997
||George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
||Director of Technology Training/Associate Professor
| 1997 - 2003
||University of Maryland, College Park
||Faculty Research Associate & Adjunct Professor (MBA)
|2003 - Present
||University of West Georgia
||Associate Professor (Tenured)