Our MissionThe Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, as a complement to the academic programs of the University, offers a variety of educational and support services, developmental programs, and student activities designed to enrich the student's university life. Additionally, the Division coordinates enrollment-related functions across the campus to improve recruitment, retention, progression, and graduation, and maintain optimum enrollment to meet University Strategic Goals.
The University of West Georgia, in our continuing process of becoming a “destination university,” is focusing on first class academics, first class facilities, and a dynamic campus life.
The Division supports the academic success of students through programs and services including advising, orientation, registration, tutoring, mentoring, financial aid, counseling, medical services, student advocacy, and many other support services.
The Division has opened four new facilities in five years – University Suites, Arbor View Apartments, the Campus Center, and Greek Village. We are now beginning a multi-year plan to refurbish and renovate traditional residence halls.
Our focus for the next three years is improving campus life through the Best Campus Ever project, which will work with students, staff, faculty, and community leaders to implement the following vision:
The out-of-class experience includes:
- Activities and events
- Involvement opportunities (such as clubs, organizations, and teams)
- Community service and volunteer experiences
- Leadership experiences (elected and selected positions)
- The campus atmosphere
As a result of the out-of-class experience at UWG, students should:
- Have fun and describe UWG as a great place to go to school.
- Have a sense of belonging and connection – feel that UWG is their home.
- Be proud of the university – brag about it to others, wear UWG paraphernalia, etc.
- Help others - know they have made a positive difference in the world.
- Gain knowledge and learn skills to help them be effective citizens and leaders after they graduate.
- Grow and develop.
- Create lifelong memories.