|FROM:||Diane H. Sharp, Executive Secretary, Faculty Senate|
|DATE:||November 15, 1999|
|REGARDING:||Agenda Faculty Senate Meeting, 3:00 p.m., November 19, 1999, Lecture Hall, Richards College of Business|
The agenda for the November 19, 1999, Faculty Senate meeting will be as follows:
I. Call to Order
II. Roll Call
III. Approval o the Minutes for the October 15, 1999 Meeting (Attached).
IV. Committee Reports:*
A. Committee on Undergraduate Academic Programs, Committee #1(Chairperson: Ara Volkan)
The Committee on Undergraduate Academic Programs recommends for Senate vote:
1. Change the name of the BBA in Administrative Systems to Technology Support Systems.
2. Place BIOL 1014 in Area D of the Core as a non-lab science.
For information only:
1. Removed from the table and approved:
Modifications to-MATH 2703 (title); MATH 3703 (title and description); MATH 3803 (title); and MATH 4753 (title and description).
Addition of -BIOL 1014; MATH 4713; MATH 4783 (with a friendly amendment that the number be changed to 4773); MATH 4853; MATH 4863; and SOCI 3100.
2. New Additions, Deletions, and Modifications from:
The College of Arts and Sciences-
a. Modify: ART 3701 (description); ART 3702 (description); ART 4703 (title and description); ART 4704 (description).
a. Add: BIOL 2134 and 2134L; BIOL 2135 and 2135L.
b. Delete: BIOL 2111 and 2111L; BIOL 2112 and 2112L.
c. Modify: BA degree program and BS degree program (exchange courses).
English and Philosophy:
a. Add: ENGL 4106 and XIDS 3300.
b. Delete: ENGL 4190.
c. Modify: ENGL 4300 (description).
Mass Communications and Theatre:
a. Modify: Theatre Minor.
Mathematics and Physics:
a. Modify: ENGR 1113 (number); ENGR 1170 (number); ENGR 3113 (prerequisites); MATH 2063 (description); MATH 3104 (prerequisites); MATH 4823 (prerequisites and description); MATH 4833 (prerequisites).The Richards College of Business-
Sociology / Anthropology / Criminology:
a. Add: SOCI 4100.
b. Delete: CRIM 4249 and SOCI 4986.
c. Modify: BS degree in CRIM (delete two tracks); BA in SOCI (Area F, Major, Minor, and Electives and eliminate interdisciplinary minor; BS in SOCI (Major); ANTH 3180 (description); ANTH 4144 (title and description); CRIM 2271. (number).
a. Modify the BA in International Academic Affairs Degree Program by removing the requirement for a minor. Students will have 4 electives instead.
Management and Business Information Systems:
a. The Administrative Systems Degree Program changes:The College of Education-(1) Add: ABED 4186.b. The Business Information Systems Degree Program changes:
(2) Delete: ABED 4120.
(3) Modify: ABED 3104 (title and description); ABED 3106 (title and description); ABED 4117 (title and description).(1) Modify: CISM 3340 (prerequisite); CISM 3350 (title); CISM 4310 (prerequisite); CISM 4350 (prerequisite); CISM 4390 (title, prereq., descr.).c. The Management Degree Program changes:(1) Modify: MGNT 3615 (prerequisite) and MGNT 4660 (prerequisite).
Special Education:B. Committee on Graduate Studies, Committee #10 (Chairperson: Dean Jack 0. Jenkins)
a. Add: SPED 4705; SPED 4765; and SPED 4791.
b. Modify: SPED 4789 (grading).
For information: Minutes of Committee on Graduate Studies, July 21, 1999.V. Old Business: None
VI. New Business: None
VII. Announcements: None
* Detailed information pertaining to committee recommendations is available for review in departmental offices (see secretary) and at the Special Collections and Archives and the Reserve Desk of the Ingram Library.
** Please note that the next Faculty Senate meeting is scheduled December
9, 1999, at 3:00 p.m., in Humanities 312.