202 Record of Student Absences
It is important that an accurate record be kept of student absences, regardless
of the instructor's policy about class cuts. This information may be
- By the deans, in making decisions about a student's academic or disciplinary
- By the Vice President of Business and Finance, in determining refund
status when a student withdraws without formal notification.
- By parents, especially of students who may be disciplinary or academic
problems (may be given only by consent of the student, Family Educational
Rights and Privacy Act of 1974).
- By prospective employers, who are interested in the student's general
attendance record (may be given only by consent of the student, Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974).
- By the Veterans' Administration for the determination of a student's
eligibility for benefits.