The mission of the Centennial Celebration is to collaboratively honor the extraordinary past and present of the University of West Georgia and to inspire its continued greatness into the next century.
Guiding Principles & Commitments
In support of this mission, members of the Centennial Celebration Steering Committee commit themselves to:
- Coordinating the overall planning of Centennial activities taking place between August 2006 and August 2007;
- Facilitating communication with the campus, community, region and state regarding Centennial events;
- Encouraging endeavors that embody the theme "From Rural Roots to Global Reach: Celebrating a Century of Success;"
- Strengthening the relationship of all constituencies of UWG (e.g., students, faculty, alumni, surrounding community);
- Establishing sub-committees to carry out the work of the Steering Committee;
- Developing a budget for Centennial events/activities/projects;
- Developing and promoting Centennial events and activities that minimize cost and maximize benefit to members of the UWG community;
- Encouraging all constituencies to incorporate the Centennial theme into existing activities between August 2006 and August 2007;
- Bringing recognition to the contributions of faculty, staff, students, alumni and community members who develop Centennial projects;
- Providing opportunities for the entire community to participate in and benefit from the programs and activities offered throughout the Centennial year;
- Honoring and recognizing individuals and organizations in the surrounding community that have supported and shaped the development of UWG through its first century;
- Bringing recognition to the outstanding accomplishments of students, faculty, staff, and alumni over the past 100 years;
- Inspiring this institution to strive for further greatness in its second century.