Please read the following information thoroughly, and complete any requested forms, etc., as indicated. You may only begin working on the New Student Checklist once you have received your official acceptance letter from The Advanced Academy.
Have your 917 student ID# (all of UWG’s student ID numbers begin with 917) handy as you will need this number to complete many of the following steps. If you are unsure of your 917#, call Kate Theobald at (678) 839-5529 or email her.
Some forms are not yet available. Those will be posted as soon as they are ready. If there is a form not yet linked, don't worry - we'll have it posted soon!
The 2016-2017 Academy Student Handbook will be available in early June, and we will go over it in detail at your summer orientation. There will be sections of the handbook that pertain to all Advanced Academy students as well as a section only pertaining to the continuing residential students.
Once accepted to the program, The Academy’s Academic Advisor, Kate Theobald, will contact your high school counselor for verification of your graduation requirements and will call or email you to discuss and determine your UWG class schedule. Please be sure to check your messages and emails; a delay in the Academic Advisor’s ability to reach you can delay your registration and affect the availability of the classes that you want/need.
- Complete the UWG Certificate of Immunization and Health Form available through UWG Health Services. If you have any questions about immunization requirements or acceptable forms of documentation, you should contact Health Services at (678) 839-6452. These forms should be sent to: Health Services, University of West Georgia, Carrollton, GA 30118.
- If you would like to have access to UWG Health Services, email the Bursar’s Office from your @my.westga.edu email address requesting to have the Health Services Fee added to your account. Include your 917# in the email. The fee for Health Services is $101 per semester.
- Request that your final 2015-16 high school transcript be sent to: The Advanced Academy of Georgia, University of West Georgia, Carrollton, GA, 30118 by July 1, 2016.
- Activate your MyUWG account if you have not done so already, which will provide access to services such as your email, BanWeb, and CourseDen. To begin, click on “Reset Your UWG ID” below the login box. On the right under Student Initial Registration, click on “Lookup Your Username” and follow the directions provided. Please begin checking your UWG email regularly. DO NOT sign up for a UWG Orientation (you may see some messages indicating you should do so once you login to your myUWG account). As an Academy student, you will attend orientation just for this program.
- Complete the 2016 Advanced Academy Orientation Reservation form. Print a campus map. We recommend parking in the UWG Bookstore parking lot. We will send full orientation details to your UWG email address about 1 week prior to your orientation. DO NOT REGISTER FOR A SUMMER UWG ORIENTATION. You only need to register for an Academy summer orientation.
- Complete the following forms and bring them to orientation (or, prior to your Orientation, MAIL to: The Advanced Academy of Georgia, University of West Georgia, Carrollton, GA 30118).
Copies with original signatures are required. Faxed and/or scanned copies will NOT be accepted. All of the following forms MUST be completed and submitted BEFORE classes begin:
- UWG Model/Photo Release
- FERPA Consent Form
- Contact Information