The Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) Exams
English Education students will
- Take or exempt the GACE Program Admission Assessment prior to entrance to the Teacher
To exempt the GACE Program Admission Assessment, students must have earned a combined score of 1000 on the Math and Verbal portions of the SAT or a combined score of 43 on the Math and Verbal portions of the ACT.
- Take and pass the GACE Content exams in English during the final semester of study while in SEED 4286/89.
To register for these assessments, students need
- A MyPSC account. (https://mypsc.gapsc.org/Home.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f)
- To determine personal testing preferences. A student can take all three Program Admission Assessments at once (test 700) or can choose to take the exams separately (tests 200, 201, and 202). A student can likewise take both content assessments together (test 720) or separately (tests 020, 021).
- To use your MyPSC username and password to register for tests, choose a testing format or site, and pay. Go to http://gace.ets.org/ and follow the directions to complete these tasks.
For more information on the GACE exams see
For a video tutorial on signing up for the GACE exams see