Dr. Christie Johnson joined the University of West Georgia as Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership following retirement in 2012 from a 30-year career in Georgia K-12 public schools. Dr. Johnson has served as a classroom teacher, assistant principal, principal, district director, and assistant superintendent. In addition to local school leadership, Dr. Johnson has extensive district level experience in the areas of human resources, board policy development, student services, and school operations management. In her current role with the University of West Georgia, Dr. Johnson teaches and mentors school and district administrators throughout the state as they seek both advanced degrees from UWG and performance-based certification from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
Education / Degrees
- B.A., Journalism/Broadcast News, University of Georgia, 1980
- M.A., Middle Grades Education, West Georgia College, 1985
- Ed.S., Middle Grades Education, West Georgia College, 1992
- Certificate, Educational Leadership Certification, University of West Georgia, 1994
- Ed.D., School Improvement, University of West Georgia, 2006