A non-traditional freshman transfer student must submit the following items before an admissions decision can be made:
- Application for Undergraduate Admissions
- If mailing a paper application, $40 application fee. Please do not mail cash payment.
- Official final high school transcript or official GED certificate
- Official transcript(s) from each college attended
A non-traditional freshman transfer applicant must meet the following admission criteria:
- Proof of graduation from an accredited high school or GED certificate
- At least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average on all attempted transferrable coursework
All non-traditional freshman transfer applicants (unless eligible for an exemption) are required to take the COMPASS placement exam prior to admission to UWG.
Ways to exempt COMPASS placement exam:
- By earning transferrable credit in ENGL 1101 and MATH 1111, or
- Exiting all learning support requirements, or
- SAT or ACT scores within the last seven years
- Exit COMPASS scores that are less than one-year-old