Mission - What We Do
The mission of the Division of Business and Financial Services is to support a vibrant
learning environment by delivering efficient and innovative service-oriented solutions.
Vision - Where We Are Going
The Division of Business and Financial Services takes great pride in its role to support
the institution in its quest to become a "destination university."
Its vision is to be a cohesive organization that is responsive to the needs of the institution through talent development, innovative solutions, and cost effective strategies.
The Department of Auxiliary Enterprises is committed to creating and demonstrating value to the Institution by providing efficient, effective, and convenient support services to the university community through:
- Ensuring that our products and services are relevant, superior, and meet the needs of our students, faculty, and staff;
- Identifying and creating new services and enhancement opportunities with cost-effective and efficient solutions;
- Bidding out services and contracts regularly to ensure that our agreements meet the current needs of our university community at fair prices;
- Providing an environment in all of our locations that is focused on exceptional customer service to all members of our community;
- Operating an upscale University Bookstore stocked with the necessary books, supplies, and electronics to assist students in successfully navigating their courses while providing guidance for book purchases, rentals, and learning tools;
- The bookstore will also offer a wide range of excellent spirit wear to support all university athletics as well as provide in-store and off-site events and outreach;
- Offering safe, comfortable, and reliable transportation through a campus-wide shuttle system;
- Managing on-campus parking and policies in a fair and judicious manner;
- Maintaining a full-service United States Postal Services location to offer university mail services;
- Creating and consistently delivering a “superior dining experience” in all dining locations and functions;
- Maintaining a full service color and black-and-white copying and printing operation that includes large format wall art, signs, and banners at affordable prices;
- Offering students popular products in convenient locations for vending and laundry services, meal plans, student computer/print labs and identification card services;
- Providing efficient centralized material management of staple items through Central Stores, Receiving and Delivery;
- Offering an enjoyable and safe summer camp and conference experience with flexible accommodations, superior dining services, and relevant facilities to meet the needs of our customers; and
- Coordinating a memorable and proficient commencement ceremony to appropriately celebrate student achievement.
The Office of Budget Services is committed to providing guidance and support to faculty and staff in planning, budgeting, and analysis of resources in accordance with the guidelines instituted by the University System of Georgia. This is to be achieved by:
- Developing continuous process improvement continually improving the processes for budgeting and position management;
- Providing necessary and accurate information for sound decision making;
- Processing budget changes and data requests accurately and timely; and
- Providing exceptional customer assistance with budget information and training.
The Bursar's Office is committed to providing quality service, guidance, and timely information to students and the campus in the assessment and collection of student fees, the disbursement of student refunds, and the management of student financial aid programs. This is to be accomplished by:
- Developing a very knowledgeable, proficient, and informative staff;
- Being proactive in the communication of fee schedules and payment deadlines;
- Delivering prompt and accurate responses to questions involving federal, state, and private funding; and
- Being respectful and courteous in the applications of campus invoicing and fee collection.
Office of the Controller
The Office of the Controller is committed to providing guidance and support to faculty and staff through the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the business and financial services. This is to be achieved by:
- Assisting faculty and staff in the achievement of their operational needs while ensuring compliance with funding agency requirements;
- Providing timely, accurate, and usable financial information;
- Recruiting, employing, and developing qualified staff; and
- Continually analyzing and improving business processes through innovation, technology, and employee empowerment.
Purchasing Services Department
The Purchasing Services Department is committed to facilitating continual improvement of procurement and contracting services by understanding the needs of all stakeholders and leveraging technology and contracting resources to provide the highest level of efficient and effective delivery of goods and services. This is achieved by:
- Developing and enhancing communication inside and outside the Division;
- Promoting and tracking the professional development of Procurement and Contracting staff;
- Providing training and an intuitive source of information for using Procurement and Contracting tools; and
- Researching, developing, promoting and implementing cost-effective methods of service delivery.