IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING ON-CAMPUS CABLE TV SERVICE:
The University of West Georgia’s on-campus cable TV service is delivered exclusively in Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) Digital Cable Service broadcast in Clear QAM.
This mean’s a few steps will need to be taken to ensure your television is hooked up and programmed correctly!
To receive upgraded SD/HD Digital Service while on-campus, the following requirements must be met:
1. All televisions must be equipped with an internal digital QAM tuner.
2. Analog TVs and other TVs and devices that do not meet the above requirements will no longer work.
3. How to check if your television has an internal digital QAM tuner:
- Most TVs sold after 2006 have an internal digital QAM tuner.
- Check your TV owner’s manual in the “Specifications” section under “antennas and tuners.”
- Check the TV manufacturer’s website.
4. If you television is not equipped with a digital QAM tuner, converters can be purchased online from sites like Amazon or in retails stores including Wal-Mart and Target. The University cannot guarantee the effectiveness of these converters.
HOOKING UP YOUR CABLE TV:
*BRING A STANDARD COAX CABLE WITH F-CONNECTOR TO HOOK UP YOUR TV (15' OR LONGER)*
1. Connect the TV to the cable wall jack using a coaxial cable. If the TV has more than one input jack, select the one labeled “CABLE” or “CATV.”
2. Plug the TV power cord into the electrical outlet and turn the TV power on.
3. Configure your TV to receive CABLE or CATV signals using the MENU or SETUP button on your cable TV remote (make sure you are not set up to Antenna or Air).
3. A CHANNEL AUTOSCAN must be performed after connecting your TV to the new digital cable service.
CHANNEL AUTOSCAN INSTRUCTIONS:
NOTE: The instructions below are generic in nature and are meant to serve only as guidelines. Refer to your TV owner's manual for specific instructions.
- Locate the CHANNEL or AUTOPROGRAM option and select AUTOSCAN.
- After “scanning” through channels, your TV should now receive all available on-campus channels.
- This process typically takes AT LEAST 10 minutes to complete