The mission of the Business Ambassadors Program is to provide the Richards College of Business with student leaders who participate in an official capacity at special events throughout the year.
This program serves to enrich and enhance leadership and communication skills, personal growth, and professional development for its membership while allowing students to create long lasting ties with their future alma mater and community.
Business Ambassadors will act as liaisons between the College and potential and existing students and their families, guests, alumni, business partners and friends of the College by engaging in college-related events.
The Business Ambassadors Program (BAP) is an opportunity for students to further strengthen their relationship with the University of West Georgia and the Richards College of Business. Students will represent the Richards College of Business at internal and external events. Each academic year 15 students will be selected to participate in this remarkable program.
Students selected to participate will develop essential skills in the following:
- Effective communication
Advantages of Becoming a Business Ambassador
- Priority Registration
- Emergent Resume
- Increases chances of receiving a recommendation letter
- Must be a junior or senior business major
- Must have at least a 2.75 overall GPA
- Strong communication skills
- Minimum one year commitment
- Must attend monthly meetings
- Must participate in 5-6 internal/external events per year, such as BB&T Lectures in Free Enterprise, Ice cream social, Executive in Residence, Board of Advisors, etc. (May include evenings or weekends.)
Interested students should complete the Business Ambassador Program (BAP) application, attach a resume, and submit a one-page essay detailing why he or she is interested in becoming a Business Ambassador. A personal interview is required as well as a letter of reference from a Richards College of Business faculty or staff member.