The Department of Marketing offers a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree in Marketing. This degree prepares students for a wide range of careers in Marketing, including Brand/Product Management; Sales Promotion; Sales Management; Personal Selling; Advertising; Public Relations; Retailing; Direct Marketing; International Marketing; and Marketing Research, as well as to pursue further studies at the graduate level. program brochure
For more information, please see the Academic Catalog. A program brochure and program map, which provides a guide for students to plan their course of study, are available for download in the Courses tab below.
- Overview Jump to content
- Cost Jump to content
- Courses Jump to content
- Faculty Jump to content
- Admissions Jump to content
- Dates Jump to content
- Objectives Jump to content
The Department of Marketing offers a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree in Marketing. This degree prepares students for a wide range of careers in Marketing, including Brand/Product Managment; Sales Promotion; Sales Management; Personal Selling; Advertising; Public Relations; Retailing; Direct Marketing; International Marketing; and Marketing Research, as well as to pursue further studies at the graduate level.
Method of Delivery
Available on campus or as much as 80% online (some online courses may require some visits to Carrollton).
The University of West Georgia is accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
The Richards College of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business - International (AACSB-I).
Credit and transfer
Total semester hours required: 120
This program may be earned more than 50% online but not entirely online - multiple campus visits are required (varying by course).
UWG is often ranked as one of the most affordable accredited university of its kind, regardless of the method of delivery chosen. In addition, online courses and programs can mean a cost-savings in many non-evident ways: No more high gas charges. No childcare needed. The flexibility can allow one to maintain a job while attending school. Regardless of state residency, out-of-state non-resident students are not charged non-resident tuition for online course credit hours.
- Total tuition costs and fees may vary, depending on the instructional method of the courses in which the student chooses to enroll.
- The more courses a student takes in a single term, the more they will typically save in fees and total cost.
- Face-to-Face or partially online courses are charged at the general tuition rate and all mandatory campus fees, based on the student's residency (non-residents are charged at a higher rate).
- Fully or entirely online courses are charged at the general tuition rate plus an eTuition rate BUT with less fees and no extra charges to non-Residents.
- Together this means that GA residents pay about the same if they take all face-to-face or partially online courses as they do if they take only fully online courses exclusively; while non-residents save money by taking fully online courses.
- One word of caution: If a student takes a combination of face-to-face and online courses in a single term, they will pay both all mandatory campus fees and the higher eTuition rate.
- For the cost information, as well as payment deadlines, see the Bursar's Office website
There are a variety of financial assistance options for students, including scholarships and work study programs. Visit the Office of Financial Aid for more information.
Guidelines for Admittance
Specific requirements are associated with the following areas: Freshman Adult Learners Transfer International Home School Joint / Dual Enrollment Transient Auditor Post-Baccalaureate Non-Degree Seeking Readmission
Undergraduate Priority Deadlines
Fall Semester - June 1
Spring Semester - November 15
Summer Semester - May 15
Admission Process Checklist
Check your Application Status
Contact the Office of Admissions for additional information.
Specific dates for Admissions (Undergraduate only), Financial Aid, Fee Payments, Registration, Start/End of term, Final Exams, etc. are available in THE SCOOP.
- Marketing majors will demonstrate a more comprehensive knowldge of Marketing concepts and principles as compared to non-marketing BBA graduates as a whole.
- Marketing majors will be able to apply Marketing concepts and principles to the analysis, planning, implementation and control of marketing operations.
- Marketing majors will be able to conduct research pertinent to marketing issues and problems.