If You Need Advisement
- You will need to declare your major by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name, student ID #, and major declaration request.
- All psychology undergraduate advising is now done through the Advising Center. If you need an advisement appointment, please contact the Advising Center.
- Once you have declared your major, your account will be updated within 24-48 hours and you will be contacted with your advisor information.
Important Things to Keep in Mind About Advisement
- You need 120 hours to graduate, 39 of which need to be above the 3000 level
- You need to declare Psychology as your major by emailing email@example.com
- The very latest you can declare Psychology your major is the semester prior to the semester you graduate
- You cannot use the same course to count in more than one category
- Meet regularly with your advisor, and talk about your career rather than just the courses you need for next semester
- If you are interested in Graduate School or internships, talk to your advisor early rather than waiting until your senior year
- You must apply for graduation by logging on to MyUWG, clicking on the Banweb tab, selecting the "Student Services & Financial Aid" link, and then, clicking on the "Graduation Application" option