The Global Studies major is unique. Instead of taking all courses for the major in one area discipline, History for example, Global Studies is interdisciplinary and thus students can choose from a wide variety of courses.
Students choose one of the following academic tracks to follow:
- Social Studies/ Humanities
- Area Studies, ex. Africa, Latin America, etc.
- Interdisciplinary themes, ex. Indigenous peoples, Women and Development, etc.
The B.A. in Global Studies requires 33 hours in the major. Nine of those hours must be experiential learning either through a study abroad experience or an internship. A three hour Capstone course is also required.
- Prerequisite: XIDS 2301 Introduction to Global Studies. All Global Studies majors must take the Introduction to Global Studies course.
- Global Studies students must minor in a foreign language.
- Experiential Learning: Global studies students will also complete 9 hours of either study abroad or internship.
- GLOB 4000 Capstone Seminar: Graduating seniors will also take the Global Studies Senior Seminar.