Here are a few are benefits to registering your organization on campus:
- Reserve the use of University facilities
- Sponsor or present a public performance on University property when a University facility has been properly reserved and University regulations and administrative rules are followed
- Raise funds or make other permissible solicitations on University property in accordance with University regulations and administrative rules
- Post signs and distribute literature in accordance with University regulations
- Use campus mail services
To become a Registered Student Organization at UWG, you need:
- An organization email address - Can be the president's email or a new email created for the organization. Must be the best way to contact someone about your organization
- A University advisor - Must be full-time, paid monthly, faculty or professional staff. Need help finding one? CSI can help! Fill out this Advisor Request Form.
- A constitution - An organization's governing document. Need help creating a constitution? Click here for our constitution guide
- At least 5 student members
- A member roster - a list of all members and their UWG email addresses (Excel Sheets ONLY)
Once you have everything you need, you are ready to register:
- Refer to this step-by-step guide for more details about how to register.
- President must attend a Student Organization President's Meeting. Email Kynnith Francis-Vaughan to schedule a President's Meeting.
Additionally, all Student Organization officers and members are expected to be familiar with all the information found in the Registered Student Organization Handbook.
Student Organizations will not be completely registered until all of the above requirements are met. Organizations will receive notification upon completion of the registration process.
Student Organization registration will now take place in the Spring semester for the following academic year. New organizations can currently register at any time.
Please contact Kynnith Francis-Vaughan in the Center for Student Involvement with any questions.