Special Collections serves as the repository for rare materials in the Irvine Sullivan Ingram Library, housing manuscripts, books, films, photographs, sound recordings, and other formats in a number of specialized areas. Special Collections also holds the University Archives. Through these collections, the department supports the research, teaching, and service mission of the university and its constituents.
We are located on the Ground Floor of Ingram Library and can be accessed either using the elevator or taking the marble staircase down from the main lobby. The department is open weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 12 and 1 to 4:30 p.m. It is advisable to call ahead to schedule a research visit. Please call (678) 839-5455 or email email@example.com for more information.
On the Ground Floor you will see the Tom Murphy office re-creation in the atrium space along with local exhibits. The Special Collections is located on the opposite side of the elevators from Murphy's office. This section of the library also houses the Center for Public History, the Murphy Center for Public Service, and Georgia's Political Heritage Program.
Photo Credit: The 1907 Administration Building on Front Campus Drive after a rare snow in Carrollton, circa 1970. Publications and Printing Photos, UA-0004-0301.