Please note: We are transitioning to a non-residential program and will not be accepting new residential students for Fall 2016 and subsequent semesters. International students who are interested in attending the Advanced Academy of Georgia will need to arrange for a private, off-campus residence. Any international students who are interested in applying to the Advanced Academy should contact Academy Director Adriana Stanley.
International applicants to UWG/Academy must do the following:
- Contact Academy Director Adriana Stanley.
- Complete an application through UWG Admissions indicating that you are an international student applying for Dual Enrollment.
- Complete a UWG International Application.
- Submit a $40.00 US non-refundable application fee with your application.
- Submit official SAT or ACT and TOEFLor IELTS scores.
- Submit official secondary school records translated into English.
- Have a foreign credential evaluation of secondary education records. The Academy recommends Joseph Silny & Associates, (305) 273-1616.
- Complete a financial certificate, including all requested signatures (included in the UWG International Application).
- Submit an official letter of deposit from each sponsor's bank stating a dollar amount of readily available deposits in U.S. currency (see UWG International Application).
- Submit a completed Certificate of Immunization (included in the UWG International Application).
Accepted International Students are required to attend UWG's International Student Orientation. All international students enrolling must arrive on campus before classes begin to attend this orientation. International students must also purchase health insurance, which is included on students' bills after acceptance and registration in classes.
The Advanced Academy also requires applicants to submit minimum exam scores, 1 of the 4 below*, as follows:
- (1) 1650 Composite SAT score or 25 Composite ACT score
- (2) 600 SAT Critical Reading score or 26 ACT English score
- (3) 600 SAT Math score or 26 ACT Math score
- (4) 600 SAT Writing score or 26 ACT Writing score
*Note: all university minimum score requirements must be met (SAT Critical Reading 430/ACT 17 English and SAT Math 410/ACT 17 math)
TOEFL or IELTS
- TOEFL: 79 or higher for Admission and to be eligible for an out-of-state tuition waiver
- IELTS: 6.5 or higher for Admission and to be eligible for an out-of-state tuition waiver
While at the Academy, international students earn college credit that is reflected on University of West Georgia transcripts. They are not eligible to receive a high school diploma. If an international student chooses to pursue a degree at an institution other than UWG, he/she can apply to that institution as a Transfer Student.