Phone: (678) 839-6000
Message from the Chief
The University of West Georgia Police Department (UWGPD) is committed to providing the University of West Georgia with a safe environment conducive to the goals of education and research.
Crime Log & Warnings Map
The University of West Georgia Police Department (UWGPD) maintains this Campus Crime Log, which contains information on criminal incidents reported to the UWG Police. This page is conatntly updated with the most recent information displayed first. Please check back regularly.Read More
2016 Annual Security and Crime Report
The University of West Georgia Police Department (UWGPD) is committed to providing the University of West Georgia with a safe environment conducive to the goals of education and research. Although reported crime at West Georgia is relatively low, it is important for students to remember that we are not immune from criminal activity.Read More
Crises Management Evacuation Plan
Safety and preparation is a responsibility for everyone, both for yourself and for the University of West Georgia. Students, faculty, and staff need to be aware of the risks that we may face, what we as individuals can do, and what resources are available to help mitigate those risks.
The Crisis Management Plan is the culmination of a planning process to continue being proactive in emergency planning. This should be a “living document” that has great value long before a crisis occurs.Learn More
A Brief Message from University Police
The mission statement of staff of the University of West Georgia Police Department are committed to supporting the mission of the University of West Georgia through innovative methods in crime detection and prevention so that the students, faculty and staff of the university community can thrive and succeed. In order to accomplish our mission, we will employ innovative techniques to reduce crime and disorder and by focusing our efforts on serving our students, faculty, and staff of the University of West Georgia. We are D.R.I.V.E.N. in delivering our services.
The University of West Georgia Police Department is a team of dedicated professionals ensuring the safety and security of the University of West Georgia campus and we are D.R.I.V.E.N. to be successful in all we do.
- Diversity - We fully embrace the similarities and differences within our world. We believe different experiences and perspectives are essential to understanding and responding to the needs of a diverse university community.
- Respect- We will foster and preserve trust within the university community by always respecting the individual rights and personal dignity of all.
- Integrity - We are honored by the public trust bestowed upon us. We are committed to demonstrating to the university community the highest levels of integrity and ethical standards through our personal adherence to the law.
- Vigilance- We are ever watchful for any danger and are ready to respond to protect the university community.
- Excellence- We strive to be the finest law enforcement agency in the United States. We will achieve this goal through our personal commitment to excellence, collaboration with others, and by developing our staff to the highest standards.
- Neutrality- We will serve our community with impartiality, taking action based on facts with neither bias for nor prejudice towards anyone
Public Service Announcement Video