The University of West Georgia (UWG) is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, master, and doctorate degrees.
For questions regarding the accreditation of UWG by SACSCOC, please contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097 or via phone at (404) 679-4501.
Please note: The purpose of publishing the Commission’s contact information is to enable interested constituents to learn about the accreditation status of the institution, file a third-party comment at the time of the institution’s decennial review, or file a complaint against the institution for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirements. However, inquiries about UWG, such as admission requirements, financial aid, education programs, etc., should be addressed directly with UWG - not via the Commission’s office.
Below is a list of agencies which accredit or approve select UWG programs. Each college will be able to provide their specific accreditations/approvals.
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (International)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (American Speech-Language Hearing Assoc.)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET
- National Association of Schools of Arts and Design
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration
- National Association of Schools of Theatre
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
Organizations in which UWG holds institutional membership include the American Council on Education, the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education, the Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education, the Georgia Association of Colleges, the National Association for Business Teacher Education, and the National Collegiate Honors Council.