There are currently two Chemistry Clubs on campus: American Chemical Society (ACS) Club and Emerging Healthcare Leaders.
It's not uncommon to find the students in the ACS Chemistry Club involved in a variety of activities. The club seeks to bring chemistry students together through academic, volunteer, and social activities.
- Social component to chemistry
- See the "faces" and "real people" behind chemistry
- Speak with past alumni about graduate school programs or various workplaces that may provide job opportunities for current chemistry students and future alumni
- Community volunteer opportunities such as educational demonstrations and/or Empty Stocking Fundraiser.
- Serve as mentors
- Free t-shirt!
To get involved, or for more information such as meeting times and upcoming events, please contact the club president and/or vice president.
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Martin McPhail
President: Tori Buth
Vice President: Adam Hand
$20/fiscal yr. for the UWG chapter membership (includes club t-shirt!)
Ask any club member or faculty/staff member about purchasing your own pair of goggles or a department t-shirt.
- Goggles: $5/pair
- Long Sleeve t-shirt: $18/each
- Short Sleeve t-shirt: $15/each
On October 20, we were part of the 3rd Annual Presidential 5K.
October 27, 2016 - Safe Treat on the Quad
Interested in medicine, pharmacy, dentistry or becoming a PA?
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Victoria Geisler
President: Jacob Sudduth
Vice President: Calleigh Hitt
At EHL, we provide innovative leadership, service, and professional development opportunities to unite and lead our members down the path to pursuing a career in medicine. These include professional development and resume building seminars, doctor panels, professional school student panels, volunteer and service opportunities, mentoring programs, MCAT prep courses, and annual Health Professional School Fairs. Further, EHL is committed to building charitable relationships with non-profit and community organizations and individuals.
- Speak with local physicians, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Q&As with West Georgia students accepted into medical school.
- Applicaiton building advice and guidance
- Community service and fundraising events
- Medical Specialty Information
- Talk to Georgia Medical School Admissions Representatives
- Information on local professional healthcare graduate universities
- Meet with other West Georgia Healthcare students
- Parties and Events
Annual Fee: $1-25
Follow us on Facebook (/EHLUWG) and Orgsync for the latest updates.