• What degrees/programs does the College of Science and Mathematics offer?

    The College of Science and Math offers a variety of undergraduate degrees in each of our six departments: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geosciences, Mathematics, and Physics. Biology, Computer Science, and Mathematics also offer graduate degrees and Geosciences offers a certificate program.

  • Can I take courses online?
    Yes. The entire UWG undergraduate core curriculum (Areas A through E) can be completed online through eCore. Depending upon your major, many of our departments also offer many upper division courses in a partially or fully online format; please check here for more information and for a listing of current online course offerings. Likewise, our Master of Science degree in Applied Computer Science is administered fully online.
  • Are courses offered anywhere other than the main, Carrollton campus?

     Some College of Science and Mathematics courses are also taught as UWG’s Newnan Center. Check here for a listing of current course offerings.

  • What financial aid or scholarships are available through the College of Science and Mathematics

    In addition to the scholarships offered by UWG, the College of Science and Mathematics offers numerous departmental scholarships. Check out our scholarship page to learn what scholarships would fit you. You can also find more information about financial aid here.

  • How do I register for classes?

    Each semester, every student is required to meet with an academic advisor, prior to registration, to go over the courses he/she should take for the next semester to stay on track. After advising, students register themselves online in the Banner Student Information System.

    For step-by-step instructions, please see the information here.

  • How do I found out who my advisor is?

    Undeclared majors can receive advisement at the Excel Center. Advanced Academy or Honors College students can contact the Honors College for academic advising. If neither of the above apply to you, please contact your major department and they will help you locate the appropriate advisor. 

  • How do I pay for my courses? When is the payment deadline?

    You can pay your fees and tuition via Banweb or at the cashier’s window in Aycock Hall. Please see the informationhere to find out what payment method is right for you. You can also find all of the important registration dates, including fee payment deadlines, in the latest edition of The Scoop.

  • How do I obtain Transient status permission to take courses at another institution for a semester?

    Contact your advisor and complete a Request for Transient Permission form. The form and complete instructions can be found in the list of forms on the Registrar’s webpage.

  • When is my exam? Where can I find the exam schedule?

    The exam schedule for each semester, as well as a lot of other useful information, can be found in the current issue of The Scoop.