Screening at various venues on and off campus in Carrollton, GA November 18 - 19, 2016, the 2-day event will feature an opening party, a dramatic reading of the screenplay competition's award winning scripts, thematic short film blocks, visiting filmmaker Q&A's after many of the screenings, and an awards ceremony Saturday night concluding the festival. Join us this fall to celebrate Southeastern Student Filmmakers!
Who We Are
We are a group of committed Film and Video Production students at the University of West Georgia hosting our 1st Annual southeastern regional undergraduate film festival in Carrollton, GA.
Mission & Objective
We created this festival for undergraduate filmmakers of the Southeast U.S. to come together and celebrate the art of student-produced motion pictures. Our mission is to ignite creativity and passion for cinema among college filmmakers and the local community alike by establishing a regional platform showcasing outstanding student films and screenplays, putting Southeast Students on the map!
- All films and scripts must be submitted through withoutabox.com or filmfreeway.com.
- We do not accept mailed entries.
- Filmmaker must have been enrolled in a college or university undergraduate program when the film was completed, in one the following Southeastern regional states: Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi.
- 2014 produced projects and newer only.
- 20 minutes max run time short films in the following categories: Narrative fiction, Documentary, Experimental.
- 20 page max screenplay length not including the title page, conforming to industry-standard format and completely free of grammatical/typographical errors (subject to disqualification if these parameters are not met).
- Scripts must be submitted as an Adobe .pdf document with standard title page.
- There is no limit to the number of individual submissions, however each submission requires an entry fee.
- Online Screeners only.
- Full electronic press kit required (logline, synopsis, 2 high-res production stills, cast/crew list, director bio and photo).
- Copyright clearance to all content is required and may be requested in-writing before your film can be screened.
- Prizes awarded in the following categories: Narrative fiction, Documentary, Experimental, Screenplay.
Film Festival Dates
2016 Festival Dates:
May 1 - September 15: Open Student Film Submissions
September 15 - October 31: Festival Pre-screening & Programming
November 18 - 19: Film Festival Screenings & Events