The College of Education Ambassadors are a select group of students who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in academics and student leadership. They help with a variety of on and off campus recruitment opportunities for the College of Education including Preview Days, Career Pathways classroom visits, and mass media projects.
Serving as an Ambassador is an honor and a distinction. In order to be considered, applicants must:
- Be a sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student enrolled in a program in the College of Education
- Have completed at least one semester at the University of West Georgia
- Be in and maintain good academic and disciplinary standing with a current GPA of at least 3.0 on cumulative coursework
- Be able to commit to at least one year of service
- Be highly motivated, energetic, dependable, and knowledgeable
- Attend scheduled meetings
- Provide a completed recommendation form from a UWG staff member or faculty member
Benefits of Being an Ambassador:
- Have an opportunity to “leave your mark” and improve the college experience
- Develop valuable leadership skills
- Enhance public speaking and interpersonal communication skills
- Network with UWG staff, faculty, and administration
- Network with COE Alumni and other partners
- Become more familiar with COE and UWG history and purpose
Applications due online by Friday, October 27 , 2017 by 5 pm.
You can supply the link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf0g82DHtoOgxb--nMO-MrNVxOmgl-IZp9wpDrJP_L0-xRAcw/viewform to your recommender for an online submission.