Each year, three students will be selected to receive a community engagement award in the categories of Leadership, Innovation, and Transformation. The awards will be presented at the annual Honors Council Banquet in the Spring semester.
Procedures and Guidelines for Nominations:
- UWG faculty, staff, students, and service project directors, or individuals in the community can nominate an individual to receive the award. Students may nominate themselves.
- Nominations for awards should be submitted online by March 15.
- The selection of the winning candidates is made by a committee comprised of Honors College faculty, staff, Honors College Committee members, & members of the Honors Council.
- Winners must be willing to attend the annual Honors Council Banquet near the end of Spring Semester. Winners will be asked to deliver a 5-7 minute presentation of his/her community engagement experience during the Honors Council Banquet.
- When selecting candidates, the student’s documented community service hours in OrgSync will be taken into consideration, as well as the student’s reflection of their community engagement experiences.
- Should the candidate reach the final stage of the selection process, the Committee reserves the right to request further information concerning the candidates.
To nominate an individual for an award, click on the particular category below to complete the nomination form. The deadline is March 15, 2016.
- The Community Engagement Leadership Award is a category that recognizes an individual’s leadership role in service and their commitment to bringing others along. How has the individual’s leadership abilities improved through their dedication to community service? How has their leadership impacted others through their individual commitment to service?
- The Community Engagement Innovation Award recognizes a student who developed a new service initiative or project, and/or provided a unique idea that had a significant impact toward those in need. This could also be an individual participating in an established service project, yet with an individual impact that is unmatched.
- The Community Engagement Transformation Award is a category that recognizes an individual’s commitment to community engagement and the impact of their contribution of service that contains elements of transformation, or “before & after”, in how the student sees the world.