BSN (Pre-licensure Program)
- Application available October 1st through February 1st for Summer admission (ONCE per year).
- Admissions process, including pre-requisites and application instructions
- Click here for a full list of BSN Core Courses
- Prospective transfer students should read about admission requirements to the university. Click here to see what courses may transfer (reference only). Official transfer evaluation of transcripts takes place 4-6 weeks after admission to UWG and orientation registration.
- Curriculum Plan of Study & Expenses and Financial Tips
- HESI A2 Entrance Exam
- ONE attempt per year on the 4 sections of the HESI A2 entrance exam required by THS SON between February 2, 2018 and February 1, 2019 for the Summer 2019 admission cycle. Required sections are Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Basic Math Skills, and Anatomy & Physiology.
- Repeat applicants must have at least one score within the last three years; if there is more than one score on file within the past three years the highest score is used. We do not accept scores from other colleges or attempts where all nine sections of the HESI A2 were taken. For information on how to prepare for the HESI A2, visit https://evolve.elsevier.com/studentlife/hesi.html
- Applicants must register using the UWG-Distance Testing Department ID: 201715 provided on the registration instructions. Registering for the exam under our Department ID ensures that the Tanner Health System School of Nursing can access your scores without requiring you to send a transcript (which saves you an additional cost).
- HESI A2 cost is $107.70 (subject to change) and is available via Prometric Testing Centers (not on UWG campus) - but students must first get approved for eligibility through their Elsevier Evolve account. Click here for registration instructions!
- UWG students requiring testing accommodations Click Here for registration instructions.
7. Certified Nurse Aid Training (CNA)
- Required by May 1st for enrollment in nursing courses (can be in progress at the application, but state exam must be passed no later than May 1st).
- Other professional licenses do not exempt applicants from this requirement, with the exception of LPNs with an active license.
- If you were previously certified as a CNA but have been out of practice for 2 years or more, re-certification must be current by May 1st.
- UWG offers CNA courses through Continuing Education for current students.
- Search for CNA Programs
RN to BSN (RN to Bachelor's Degree Program)
- Application available Feb 1st through May 1st for Fall Admission (once per year). Application may reopen May 1st through July 1st if spaces are available.
- Admissions Process, including pre-requisites and application instructions
- Click here for full list of BSN Core, tailored for RN-BSN Students
- Prospective transfer students should read about admission requirements to the university. Click here to see what courses may transfer (reference only). Official transfer evaluation of transcripts can take up to 4 weeks after admission to UWG and orientation registration.
- Click here to see the Plan of Study (curriculum change coming Fall, 2019).
- Program Expenses (beyond Tuition/Fees for UWG, to see those visit the UWG Bursar website). - Coming Soon!