- Application available October 1st through February 1st for Summer admission.
- Admits once a year for Summer (June)
- 6 semester program (Carrollton, Main Campus) and 8 semester program (Newnan Campus)
- Admissions process, including pre-requisites and application instructions
- Click here for a full list of BSN Core Courses
- Prospective transfer students should read about admission requirements to the university. Click here to see what courses may transfer (reference only). Official transfer evaluation of transcripts takes place 4-6 weeks after admission to UWG and orientation registration.
- HESI A2 Entrance Exam
- Students may only have ONE attempt on the required sections between February 2, 2016 and February 1, 2017. Required sections include Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Basic Math Skills, and Anatomy and Physiology. For information on how to prepare for the HESI A2, visit https://uniontestprep.com/hesia2 and https://evolve.elsevier.com/studentlife/hesi.html
- The exam cost is $104.56 and is available via Prometric Testing Centers - but students must first get approved for eligibility through their Elsevier Evolve account. Click here for registration instructions!
- UWG students requiring testing accommodations Click Here for registration instructions.
- Applicants must register using the UWG-Distance Testing Department ID: 201715 provided on the registration instructions. Registering for the exam under our Department ID ensures that the Tanner Health System School of Nursing can access your scores without requiring you to send a transcript (which saves you an additional cost in this process).
- Certified Nurse Aid Training (CNA)
- Not required for application but required by May 1st for enrollment in nursing courses.
- The only applicants exempt from this requirement are LPNs with an active license.
- If you were previously certified as a CNA but have been out of practice for 2 years or more, re-certification will be required.
- UWG offers CNA courses through Continuing Education for current students.
- You may click on the following link to see a list of State Workforce Investment Board approved training centers compiled by UWG's Continuing Education Department. List of CNA Programs
RN to BSN (RN to Bachelor's Program):
- Priority admission deadline for Fall begins Feb 1st through May 1st. Rolling Admission
ends July 1st. Rolling (continuous) admission occurs after the priority admission
decisions are complete. Consideration for available space during the rolling admission
cycle is awarded on a first come, first serve basis. Consideration for admission is
only given to complete files.
- Admits once a year for Fall semester (starting in August).
- Admissions Process, including pre-requisites and application instructions
- Click here for full list of BSN Core, tailored for RN-BSN Students
- Prospective transfer students should read about admission requirements to the university. Click here to see what courses may transfer (reference only). Official transfer evaluation of transcripts can take up to 4 weeks after admission to UWG and orientation registration.
- Admits once a year for Fall
- Application available online
- Application Process
- Application deadline June 1st for Fall
RN to MSN Option
- Admits once a year for Fall semester
- Application will be offered to eligible RN-BSN Applicants, must be completed no later than the MSN deadline of July 1st
- Admissions Process, including application instructions