Student Nurses Association
Welcome to your local chapter of the National Student Nurses Association (NSNA) which is the ONLY national organization that exists strictly for professional nursing students and is completely run by nursing students!
The purpose of this chapter is congruent with the purposes of NSNA, it provides a variety of functions that include: offering social events; attending state and national conventions; providing member services; sponsoring in community service activities; holding fundraising activities; and participating in legislative initiatives.
There are fabulous opportunities associated with membership including:
- leadership on local state and national levels
- state and national networking
- educational offerings
- experience valuable for future service in professional nursing organizations
- influencing legislative initiatives
- evidence of professional commitment (adds dimension to scholarship applications and resumes)
- members also receive the state newsletter EKG and the NSNA magazine Imprint.
If you’d like to be a part of this, all you have to do is visit the NSNA website and click on “Member Services Join/Renew.” The cost to join is $35 for the first year and $40 for renewal (initial membership cost comes with a $5 discount). If you prefer to sign up for two years, you can pay $70 initially. Membership in NSNA automatically guarantees enrollment in GANS and in SNA@UWG as well. Undecided Health - Nursing Interest majors can join and be involved for $15 per year.
Please email Tammy McClenny as soon as you join, so you can be added to the SNA@UWG membership/voting site. For further chapter information, please contact the faculty advisor Tammy McClenny.