Declaring as a Criminology Major

Undergraduate degree-seeking students may request to change, declare, or remove a major, minor, or stand-alone certificate using the University of West Georgia Major, Minor and Stand-Alone Certificate Declaration Form.

Prior to submitting a request to change their major, students should consult their academic advisor for assistance. Requests are typically processed within 72 business hours of submission. You will receive an email when your request is complete.

Declare a Major or Minor

Advising & Faculty Mentors

For questions regarding advising and graduation, please contact University Advising. Your advisor is also listed on WolfWatch and the advising center website.

Who's My Advisor?

For questions regarding the Criminology MA program, please contact:

Mai Naito Mills, Ph.D 

For questions regarding criminology/criminal justice career paths, graduate education, or research opportunities, please use the guide below to locate your faculty mentor.

MentorStudent's Last Name
Dr. Vanessa GriffinA-B
Prof. Kelley ChristopherC
Dr. Dave AyersD
Dr. Patrick BradyE-G
Dr. Gavin LeeH-J
Dr. Jason NicholsonK-L
Dr. Brittani McNealM
Dr. Ericka WentzN-P
Prof. Terry BagwellQ-R
Dr. Mateja VukS
Prof. Cassie WhiteT-V
Dr. Lynn PazzaniW-Z
Prof. Patricia RileyFully Online Students

Prior Learning Assessment

You may be able to earn course credit for what you’ve already learned through work, volunteer and military experiences and trainings. Credit for Prior Learning options for criminology include:

  • Departmental challenge exams
  • Previously earned college credit
  • Portfolio


Prospective students who fit the following criteria are eligible to participate in CPL:

  • They are adults, typically 25 years of age or older.
  • They are non-traditional students.
  • They have learning experiences that could be reflected in an academic program's curriculum.

For more information, contact the department’s Prior Learning Coordinator, Dr. Vanessa Griffin.